Humphrey Institute seeking to fill an HR position
HR position at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs:
Position to start either Summer or Fall 2011
Must be enrolled at the University of Minnesota in a degree program
*Work study funds preferred but not required
- Work experience in an office or retail setting
- Experience providing customer service or interacting with guests/clients
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent orientation to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience completing administrative tasks in an office setting
- Ability to complete work quickly and accurately
- Ability to prioritize and operate independently
To provide clerical support to the Human Resources Area at the Humphrey School.
- Help organize and maintain HR files.
- Draft correspondence as requested
- Upload files to ImageNow and Netfiles.
- Create and maintain Excel and Word documents to track applicant information, recruitment contacts, and other data as requested for searches. Create tracking sheets for applicant information from materials received, also scan and upload documents to Netfiles.
- Maintain applicant status list for faculty searches
- Conduct Internet research as requested for recruitment sources, list-serves, advertising venues, etc.
- Make copies of search materials, organize and distribute forms and materials, or prepare materials to be copied through a copy center, or onto a CD.
- Order food and beverages as needed for meetings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Application Process: Please go to https://employment.umn.edu/ and select the Requisition Number
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references online at: employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=94007