Become CEHD Student Ambassadors!
CEHD currently has a wonderful employment opportunity for outgoing students looking for an engaging leadership experience. We are currently hiring several CEHD Admissions Ambassadors for the upcoming academic year and beyond.
The CEHD Admissions Ambassadors program provides its student leaders opportunities to share their own positive experiences with prospective students and their families. Opportunities to interact with the College's future community members are provided through campus visits, special College events, K-12 outreach activities (high school or middle school visits), emailing prospective students, participating in student panel discussions, and making phone calls to ensure smooth transitions for all students.
CEHD Admissions Ambassadors are a dynamic group of student leaders in the College who as representatives of the College strive to create a positive first and lasting impression with all prospective students and their family members.
The Ambassadors will be trained in basic interpersonal and group communication skills, group facilitation skills, and leadership development.
Various functions include, but not limited to:
* Attending leadership development training
* Commit to 6-10 hours weekly per spring and fall semester (possibly summer)
* Attend monthly 1-2 hour meetings
* Provide feedback on marketing and promotional materials
* Deliver customized outreach during campus visits, special events, and by phone
* Be active in a positive promotion of CEHD and the University of Minnesota
* Use technology to interact with admitted students via email.
What you will gain as a CEHD Admissions Ambassador:
* Training in important leadership skills, including effective interpersonal and group communications skills, group facilitation strategies and large group presentation experience
* Valuable problem solving and team building skills
* Experience serving as a positive role model and relating to diverse people
* Opportunity to represent the College and make strong connections with CEHD administrators, staff, faculty and other students
CEHD Admissions Ambassadors must commit to:
* One academic year (two terms) of service (may include the summer term)
* One to two hour monthly meetings
* In good academic standing (minimum of 2.5 GPA/3.0 preferred)
* Positive attitude about CEHD and the University of Minnesota
* Developing knowledge of CEHD programs and services
* Understanding the needs of new students and their families
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Diana Geisinger at email@example.com for more information and instructions on how to apply.