National Sports Center hiring a Graphic Designer/ Events Manager
The National Sports Center (NSC), a non-profit organization, is seeking an experienced full-time graphic designer and marketing manager to manage the organization's in-house graphic-design department. The NSC's marketing division is a highly creative, interactive and innovative team that embraces many new communication tools to market and sell the NSC's diverse sports properties, and to communicate with the NSC's worldwide customer base.
This is a full-time position, with a full benefits package.
Primary job tasks and responsibilities:
* » Design printed pieces, logos, t-shirt art, trade-show materials, event signage, and presentations for meetings.
* » Prepare graphics for the web.
* » Manage all aspects of production, including gathering creative input, creation of the piece, soliciting bids and managing print production.
* » Managing a year-around design and production schedule.
* » Maintain budget and fiscal accountability.
Secondary job tasks and responsibilities, where applicant's experience in these areas will increase strength of application:
* » Website design and editing experience.
* » Experience in video production and video shooting.
* » Background in special-event production and execution.
Salary: mid-$30,000 range, but negotiable based on experience and relevant skills.
* » Excellent communication skills
* » A college degree, or equivalent experience
* » Literacy in Illustrator, In-Design and Photoshop
* » Strong writing and editing skills
* » Leadership experience
* » Experience working on a marketing team
* » Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
* » Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including special events held on evenings, weekends and holiday periods
* » Self-starter with good problem-solving skills
* » Career-oriented individual
* » Strong project management skills
If interested, please submit resume to Barclay Kruse, National Sports Center Chief Communications Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please