Information Session & Internship information | Work Effects
INFORMATION SESSION| WORK EFFECTS
Tuesday, November 29th
10:00am-11:00am (information session)
11:00am-12:00pm (informal interviews
518/520 Science Teaching and Student Services Building (STSS)
Work Effects is recruiting spring 2012 interns for Human Resources Development, IO Psychology Analyst, Marketing, and Programmer. Work Effects organizes its practice into three areas: Leadership Development, Organization & Culture, and Performance Management. They work with some of the largest organizations in the world and leverage the combined expertise of a highly-talent group of consultants to help us deliver exceptional results for our clients.
Work Effects Intern Positions- Spring 2012
About our Intern Program
The purpose of our Intern Program to develop students and young professionals through hands-on experience combined with career development and industry networking opportunities. This program aims to provide interns with relevant experience, connections to practitioners within their field of study, and in-depth knowledge of the market in which we operate.
Through our internship, we offer to students:
Real world experience and skill building
Constant performance feedback
Opportunities to connect with practitioners in our field
Projects that are aligned with both the student's professional and academic development goals and with our company's objectives
Recommendation letters, forms of completion, internship evaluations, and any other documents necessary to fulfill academic requirements.
Internship dates: January 23rd 2012 - May 11th 2012
10-15 hours/ week
Compensation: competitive hourly pay
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume through our career site:
http://www.work-effects.com/Careers by December 15th, 2011.
IO Psychology Analyst Job Description
Work Effects is currently seeking a self-directed, highly motivated, fast-learning individual who is eager to take on new challenges to serve as our IO Psychology Analyst. The ideal candidate is a Master's or PhD student in I/O Psychology who has experience in the professional services environment and possesses knowledge of the corporate world. We seek a combination of excellent executive presence combined with suburb analytical and creative skills.
- Statistical analysis to continuously improve our assessments and impact of trust
- Research coordination with academics
- Designing report displays
- Deploying and managing feedback suggestions
- Currently pursuing a Master's or PhD in IO Psychology
- Strong SPSS Skills
- Superb analytical and creative skills
- Excellent executive presence
- Working knowledge of 360o assessments and employee surveys
HRD Intern Job Description
Work Effects is currently looking for an energetic, organized, detail-oriented undergraduate or graduate student to serve as our HRD Intern. This person will assist in creating leadership development curricula, training materials, and administrative guidebooks to support our suite of Leadership and Organization Development products.
- Creating a leadership development curriculum
- Creating administrative guidebooks for 360 survey product
- Developing Train-the-Trainer Materials and training presentations
- Compiling end-user support materials
- Writing articles for our blog
- Pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in Human Resource Development, Organizational Development, Leadership Development, HRIR, or related field
- Experience in curriculum design
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with 360 assessments preferred
Marketing Intern Job Description
Work Effects is currently looking for a detail-oriented student with expertise in marketing and an interest in HR and consulting. This intern will be responsible for performing a variety of marketing communications, graphic design, and sales-related activities in an HR consulting context.
- Writing articles for our Leadership Development and Performance Management blog
- Contacting professional publications to publish materials
- Creating professional and visually appealing user guides and reports for clients
- Assisting in generating sales leads to develop organization's business
- Student or recent graduate in marketing, HR, advertising, design, journalism, public relations, or related field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Interest and familiarity with HR and Consulting preferred
Do you enjoy a dynamic, entrepreneurial atmosphere where you can make a meaningful contribution? Do you possess a variety of data management and technical expertise including .Net, SQL, or JQuery? Are you looking to gain hands-on experience in your field through challenging projects that will produce real results? If so, we would like to speak to you.
Our ideal intern candidate is a highly motivated problem solver with diverse technical skills. The IT intern will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and maintaining database driven web applications that serve our clients.
- Modifying and extending existing web applications on a Microsoft stack
- Building, integrating, and deploying new ASP.NET and Web Forms applications
- Adding client-side interactivity with JQuery
- Writing and editing SQL Server 2008 stored procedures
- Report design, building, and deployment
- Infrastructure configuration management
- Expertise in .Net programming
- SQL skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Diverse technical knowledge including SQL Server, ASP.NET, or PHP,
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Preferred experience in programming with complex database interfaces
- Consistent reading and participation in technical blogs a plus
DEADLINE FOR INTERNSHIP SUBMISSION HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THE 15TH OF DECEMBER!