Youth and High School Internship USA Rugby
The primary focus of this position is to assist the USA Rugby Youth and High School Department in their efforts to help foster and grow grassroots rugby in America. Interns will be provided with a thorough education in youth rugby development and non-profit organization operations.
USA Rugby's Youth Intern reports directly to the Youth Manager and the Youth and High School Director. The goal of this position is to support and assist in the management of programs related to expanding the number of pre-collegiate rugby players in the USA. Interns must possess a passion for youth development through sports, strong customer service abilities, interpersonal and computer skills, and comfort in physical education and youth sport environments.
• Protect the interest of USA Rugby's Youth and High School members
• Support Youth and High School staff in the management of youth events such as tournaments, camps,
clinics and educator workshops around USA Rugby's featured events (i.e. National Championships,
Domestic Competitions) through help with planning, organization, and actively participating in various
activities (i.e. Leading Rookie Rugby trainings for students, parents, teachers, etc.)
• Assist the department in the creation of game development materials used by coaches, referees,
parents, teachers, players and administrators to start new programs, as well as improve those already in
• Assist in the planning and implementing of meetings and conferences dedicated to youth and high
school development (i.e. Youth Development Conference)
• Assist in the development of a youth and high school rugby presence through social networking (i.e.
• Manage 'Rugby-in-a-Box' inventory and orders
• Conduct online research
• Perform office administrative tasks such as mailing, inventory, data entry, etc.
• Provide customer service
• Other duties as assigned
Percentage of duties:
40% - Event and initiative support
20% - Original content creation
15% - All other duties assigned
15% - Customer service by, email, phone and in person contact
10% - Website, marketing and mass communication development
• Customer service and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
• In depth understanding of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft
• Understanding of social networking websites, simple graphic design, and virtual work environment
skills are preferable
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Highly motivated and strong work ethic - self starter
• College junior or senior preferred
• Experience in sports, youth sports, or recreational environment
• This is an unpaid internship and candidates must confirm eligibility for college credits, or
ability to satisfy other academic requirements, to be considered for this internship.
• Internship runs January through June 2012.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Relocation expenses will not be provided by USA Rugby.
Apply online at:
http://www.usarugby.org under the 'about us' section
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship?
2. Do you have any rugby experience?
3. Are you willing to relocate at your own expense?