Job Search Club for International Chinese Students
Are you a Chinese international student looking for an internship/ job in the U.S.? Are you experiencing difficulties and frustration during the process? Join the Chinese International Student Job Search Club to find support and resources for your search and learn about U.S. hiring culture, work authorization, networking, and job search tips for international students.
By participating this club, you will:
· Commit to 8 weekly group meeting every Thursday 5:30-7pm in the Spring semester
· Read the most up to date job searching book for international students: Power Ties: The International Student's Guide to Finding a Job
in the U.S.
· Discuss your questions and concerns about job searching and receive advices and feedback from peers and group leaders
· Learn from Chinese students and professionals who have successful experience finding opportunities in the U.S.
· Develop your own action plan for your job search
Group Leader: Xiaoji Zhang, Career Coach at Carlson School Undergraduate Business Career Center
Yuyang Liu, Graduate intern at ISSS, MA student in Counseling Psychology
If you are interested, join us at the info session on Jan.19. We will provide more information about the Job Search Club and you'll have an opportunity to ask questions.
Date: Thu. Jan.19, 2011
To RSVP for the info session, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, degree, and major.