Knowledge Universe is hiring an Assistant Director
KinderCare Learning Center in Apple Valley, MN is searching for an Assistant Director to join their team!
The Assistant Director (AD) assists the Center Director in operating the center in accordance with KLC policies, procedures and state licensing standards to provide an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children, parents, and staff. Is responsible for all Center operations and assumes all Center Director responsibilities and duties in the absence of the Center Director. Participates in interview and effectively recommends applicants to be hired. Determines and implements discipline, effectively recommending termination with center management. Has independent authority to give verbal or written discipline to staff. Assists in the assignment and responsible direction of staff, provides input to Annual Performance Appraisals with the understanding such appraisals directly impact wage rates, and responds to and adjusts staff concerns. Meets expectations for delivering exceptional customer service through acquisition and retention, quality program, financial management, operational compliance, and demonstrates expected behaviors.
· Fulfills all record-keeping responsibilities
· Understands developmentally appropriate practice in Early Childhood Education and ensures its use in the classroom
· Performs each of the essential functions for each position in the center, including, but not limited to, Teacher (all classifications of Teacher and Assistant Teacher), Cook, and Van/Bus Driver. In some states, ability to drive a van/bus is required
· Understands responsibilities as a mandated reporter
· Implements Company policies and procedures
· Complies with, and may implement, KLC and all governmental regulations regarding the care of children
· Complies with all governmental laws and KLC regulations regarding records management, e.g., HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), etc.
· Keeps the Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children
· Assists and accepts responsibility in other daily center duties that might be temporary in the event other personnel are not available
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings as requested
Requirements: Skills, Education / Knowledge, Experience
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or Business highly desirable
· State specific requirements for position required
· State qualified for teaching positions required
· Valid driver's license, clean driving record, ability to drive center vehicles required
· Proficient in use of desktop computer required
· Ability to quickly learn software required
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills required
· Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to ensure its use in the classroom.
· 2+ years of early childhood education experience required
· 1+ years of business management experience desirable, including experience with budgeting and accounting
· Knowledge required (or willingness to learn upon acceptance of position) HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) record keeping requirements
· Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation required
· Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required
· CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desirable
Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily performed in the center environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips. Incumbent must be able to lift 40 pounds, stand up to 95% of the day, assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children, bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day, stoop, sit on the floor, have the agility to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations, perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children's well being. Incumbent will need to be highly flexible and adaptable, able to engage in multiple tasks, able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing needs of children, staff, parents, and KLC. Work hours will vary to meet the needs of the children. Travel by car, plane, and other modes of transportation may be required for KLC mandatory and regulatory meetings. Travel may require occasional overnight stays and some weekends.
Interested individuals can contact Amy Slivinski, Field Recruiter, at email@example.com AND also apply online at http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=KNOWLEDGEUNIVERSE&cws=5&rid=565