Off Campus Workstudy Tutoring position
We would like to welcome you to learn more about the UY!
Please click here to access our website (www.uymn.org). From there you can apply by clicking on the Programs link on the left hand side, and click on Y Tutors (also found on the left hand side)! If you wish to apply please click Join Y Tutors to fill out the online application! (This is the FIRST step to applying, read below for the additional application).
Keep in mind if you become a Y Tutor these are some things you should know!
· Tutoring happens usually Monday-Friday.
· Times are usually after school times so 1pm and later (latest Start time is 3pm).
· You will need to have work study funds to get paid, volunteering is an option.
· We require at least two days of tutoring.
· Transportation is not provided although we encourage carpools and will pay drivers more.
· Weekly seminar attendance is required (Tuesday OR Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30)
Please check Onestop to make sure you still qualify for work-study this coming year. Also, remember, when you use work-study it's important to track how much you have left, when you run out of funds you have a couple choices:
1) Talk with Financial Aid, see if they can increase your funds
2) Become a Y Tutor VOLUNTEER - because when your funds are out you cannot be paid.
If you choose to apply for a Y Tutor position, there is an additional application attached that needs to be filled out and sent back to the coordinators. Please fill out the online application and the attached Microsoft Document titled "NEW Y Tutor Application 11-12". In addition three references needs to be filled out and an availability sheet all of which is attached in this email.
If your last name starts with:
· A-M please send it to Kari firstname.lastname@example.org
· N-Z please send it to Chase email@example.com