Careers with Child Garden Montessori
We have full-time and part-time positions available in our Toddler Room and Infant Room. We also have a need for flexible substitute teachers.
To apply please e-mail resumes and cover letter to Nick Gazett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assist the Lead Teacher with infants and toddlers. Assistant Teachers are responsible for preparing and maintaining an authentic Montessori environment, supervising and interacting with children, and being courteous and professional with staff and parents. Complying with licensing regulations (such as ratio requirements and health and safety) is a crucial component of this position. Assistant Teachers report to the Lead Teacher.
• Located near Uptown and Downtown Minneapolis
• Competitive pay and benefits available
• Fun and dynamic work place
• Opportunity to teach children at a critical stage of development!
• High school diploma AND 4,160 hours of assistant teacher experience; AMI or AMS certificate with 2,080 hours as teacher, aid or intern; Baccalaureate degree in any field with 1,040 hours as an assistant teacher, aid, or intern. Prefer a candidate with an academic background in Early Childhood Education.
• Experience practicing the Montessori philosophy and method is strongly favored
• Ability to work effectively and professionally in a small group setting is required
• Respect and courtesy towards all members of the school community is required. This includes children, parents, teachers, and administrators.
• Must complete Infant and Child CPR, First Aid, SIDS and Shaken Baby training, and drowning rescue/avoidance training
• Must submit to a background check
• Calm, patience, and optimism are important qualities we look for in a candidate
• Must be able to squat, bend, or sit to establish eye contact with children