MN Twins: Hiring a Purchasing Manager
MN Twins is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Purchasing Manager. A full job description, including functions and qualifications, is listed below. Interested EXTERNAL applicants should apply online via www.twinsbaseball.com/jobopportunities.
JOB FUNCTION: Works with the Director or Purchasing to manage the organization's purchasing function, maximizing buying power while insuring quality and cost effectiveness with a commitment to developing and maintaining a diverse vendor base.
· Receives purchase requests from all departments within the organization.
· Reviews and analyzes purchase requests to determine the adequacy of information to effect applicable procurement action, i.e. quantity, packaging, unit of issue, possible sources and alternative sources, complete item description, required delivery dates, specifications, possible substitutes, funding, priority and other pertinent information. Considers all sources of supply such as WBE and MBE vendors.
· Independently purchases routine and urgently needed materials in different commodity groups, classes and services on the open market through the application of such procurement tools and methods as Purchase Card, Purchase Orders, and Sponsor Agreements.
· Maintains contact with the person or activity submitting the requisition, to discuss or get approval for substitutions, change in delivery dates, monetary or quantity differences.
· Maintains contact with Financial Department personnel regarding appropriate accounting data for all purchase requests.
· Solicits quotations through telephone contacts, electronic correspondence, or written requests for quotation (RFQ). Evaluates quotations received by considering quoted price, shipping charges, delivery date, applicable discounts, packaging, packing and method of shipment.
· Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business
· Three to five years purchasing experience
· Formal purchasing training desired
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Great Plains and Requisition Management experience desired
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.