Adult Probation Officer Aide
Adult Sentence to Service Assignment Monitor Intern
Work side-by-side with the best professionals in the field! Receive hands-on professional experience!
Placements are available depending on the availability of staff to supervise interns and include, but not limited to, DWI and Drug Court, Misdemeanor Investigation/Conditional Release, Domestic Assault Program, and Traditional Supervision.
Internships will require a minimum of 400 hours to complete. Regular business hours are 8:00 AM through 4:30 PM.
This internship posting will be used to fill fall semester (September 2012 - December 2012) internships.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Observe and participate in criminal justice system processes.
- Make effective use of corrections related technology.
- Interact with community agencies, social service agencies, and criminal justice partners.
- Recognize and respect cultural differences and provide culturally appropriate services.
o With client interviews and intakes.
o With case planning when appropriate.
o In report writing.
Best Qualified Candidates will:
- Be enrolled as a senior pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Be pursuing a major in corrections, criminal justice, sociology, and/or another related major.
- Be willing and able to put in 400 hours of work and receive academic credit for internship.
- Have earned a grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Have the ability to work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
Candidates will be required to submit a college transcript, a two-page writing sample, three references, and a release for information if selected for further consideration.
Apply on line by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 31,2012 at www.hennepin.jobs