Timberwolves & Lynx Youth Basketball Interns: now hiring!
The Minnesota Timberwolves/Lynx have the most extensive youth basketball clinic program in the NBA
and WNBA. The goals are to teach the game, provide a fun experience at the Target Center, and to
create interest in the Timberwolves and Lynx.
• Assist with Pre-game Basketball Clinics (drill stations, group activities, etc.)
• Assist with High School Games played at the Target Center on NON GAME DAYS (keep clock -
set up water).
• Youth Basketball Games - referee, keep clock, set up water, PA Announcer - both pre game and
NON GAME DAYS.
• Public Relations - greet youth players, parents and members of the traveling parties at all
• Assist with the preparation of the Youth Basketball Game Sales activities.
• Office Assistance - for those who request more hours.
• Academic credit (per your schools requirements)
• Experience of working with young people of all ages.
• Public Relations - representing Timberwolves/Lynx (meeting players, parents, coaches and
others who participate in all events).
• Leadership Opportunities
• Exposure - working with the operations of an NBA/WNBA franchise.
Qualifications and Experience
• Full or part-time students
• Available Transportation
• Availability for a minimum of 15 activities from November-April.
• Ability to assist on game and non-game nights (weekdays/weekends)
• You do not have to be a good basketball player - enjoy the game, like working with younger
people, energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humor are encouraged.
• Ability to function as a youth game official, scoreboard operator and announcer.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES or REGISTRATIONS - None
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - Ability to lift 10 pounds.
Contact: Steve Brown 763/438-9511 or email@example.com
Timberwolves & Lynx Youth Basketball Interns
Steve Brown, Director - Timberwolves/Lynx Basketball Academy
July 7, 2012