Hiawatha Leadership Academy is seeking for a Kindergarten Teaching Fellow
Hiawatha Leadership Academy is a results-driven charter school located in the Morris Park neighborhood of South Minneapolis. Our learning community serves nearly 400 scholars kindergarten-4th grade. HLA is currently seeking a hard-working, passionate, social- justice-oriented educator to fill a Kindergarten Teaching Fellow position.
HLA's Teaching Fellowship is a full-time teaching position which aims to guide educators in embodying the school's unique culture and executing best instructional practices leading to student success. The goal of the Fellowship is for a professional to eventually transition into a full-time classroom teaching position after providing exceptional service to HLA's Team and Family. As a Kindergarten Teaching Fellow, professionals are supported and mentored by experienced HLA teachers and Leadership Team.
HLA Teaching Fellow MINDSET:
1) Believes that every child has the potential to achieve ambitious social and academic goals--and their success depends on the tireless work ethic and positive attitude of the professionals that serve them
2) Believes that closing the achievement gap is the number one priority of an educator--social justice begins with educational systems that prepare all children to become productive members of society
3) Believes that educators must "do whatever it takes" to ensure scholars and the school are successful
4) Believes working as a Fellow is an opportunity to serve the community and acts with no entitlement
5) Believes that collaboration is the key to solving difficult problems--solutions must be sought until a solution is found
HLA Teaching Fellow EXPECTATIONS:
1) Teach a balanced approach to kindergarten literacy instruction with a Partner Teacher (main classroom teacher)
2) Act as an in-house substitute when classroom teachers are away from the building
3) Participate in designing and implementing school wide resources (i.e. developing logging systems for books/tools, creating hands-on literacy-based activities for scholars, planning school wide assemblies, etc.)
4) Assist with the implementation of individualized student plans and interventions under the guidance of teachers and principals
5) Administer assessments and use data to drive instructional practices in collaboration with a Partner Teacher
6) Like all Team members at HLA, Fellows are expected to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES for our scholars to climb the mountain to college.
HLA Employment Logistics:
Hiawatha Leadership Academy's school day is 7:10 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Thursday; 7:10am-2:00pm Fridays (professional development sessions are often held on Fridays from 2:00pm-4:00pm).
All HLA Staff are expected to attend and participate in all Family Events at the school.
Elementary Education License/Early Childhood Education License
Compensation is competitive and depends on qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package and bonus potential are included.
Preferred Start Date: Monday, August 27th
1. Please seek more information about our learning community before taking the time to submit an application: www.hiawathaacademies.org
2. Qualified, passionate applicants should visit our Careers tab and click "Apply Now"