JOIN TARGET AS A COMMUNICATIONS INTERN!
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Writer, Copywriter, Editor, Editorial Assistant, Communications Specialist, Marketing Communications Search the 'On-Campus Interviews' section of GoldPASS or the 'Jobs Search' section, ID #85695
Application Deadline: November 25, 2012
About This Opportunity: As a Communications Intern, you'll apply your Communication skills to a variety of initiatives and projects. You will see how Communications Specialists take an active role in protecting and enhancing the Target brand through communication plans, company publications and executive speeches that create greater understanding of Target's strategy and performance.
You will leverage key partnerships with external agencies and partners across the company to help deliver strong communication plans that align the Target team and other key stakeholders in support of Target's vision, mission, values and strategic priorities.
As a Communications Intern, you'll take the lead as you....
• Manage and present a project on an assigned topic in one of the following areas: Reputation Management, Editorial, Executive Communications, Strategic Initiatives, Operations or Crisis/Critical Issues.
• Assist with the development of communication plans and messaging, company publications and executive speeches. Collaborate with internal teams throughout the organization.
• Receive support and mentorship from an experienced Communications team member and partner with your manager on professional development.
• Become eligible for a full-time position
• Current student working towards a 4-year degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, Advertising or a related field with strong academic performance (3.0 GPA or above)
• Demonstrated leadership, strong initiative and decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving, strategic-thinking and project-management skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Familiarity with AP Style
Undergraduate interns are eligible for a number of benefits just for being a team member, including a 10 percent Team Member Discount, access to a toll-free NurseLine, access to the Target Health & Wellness Web site, access to the Team Member Life Resources, a resource offering free support and information, and discounts on a variety of other resources.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.