Join the International Student Job Search Club!
Are you looking for an internship/ job in the U.S.? Are you experiencing difficulties and frustration in the process? Join the International Student Job Search Club to find support and resources for your search. You will learn about the U.S. hiring culture, work authorization, and job search tips for international students and practice your networking skills.
By joining this club you will:
- Commit to attend all weekly meetings Thursday 4-5:30pm from Jan.31- March 28. (7 meetings)
- Read 2 assigned job search books: Power Ties: the international student's guide to find a job in the US; 2-Hour Job Search by Steve Dalton
- Discuss your challenges and receive advice from group members and group leaders.
- Practice networking skills such as introducing yourself and having a conversation with recruiters.
- Make weekly plans for your job search and take actions!
* We will not discuss job search basics such as how to write a resume and what is a cover letter in this group. If you need help with resume and cover letters, please contact your career office.
If you are interested, join us at the info session on Fri. Jan.24. We will provide more information about the Job Search Club and you'll have an opportunity to ask questions.
When: Thur, Jan.24, 4-5pm
Location: Carlson 1-143
*Please note, attending the info session is required for joining the Job Search Club. Application form will be provided after the info session.
To RSVP for the info session, email Drew Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>, with your name, graduation date, major and degree.