University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Outdoor Studying

My roommates and I have been studying outside lately and it is my new favorite way to do homework- and it is free! We have been sitting on a flat part of our roof - which is similar to a porch, in the mall, at the stone arch and other numerous places. The roof/porch is probably the most fun, since I have little to no distractions. I would recommend finding some new creative (and cheap) spaces to try to get some work done! Switching it up can have a great impact on studying habits. 

Outdoor studying for me turned out the be the most efficient way to prepare for my state exams- I don't know wheter it is due to the fresh air, the brigh light, the warm sun or whether it is a combination of al tghe lements, but my brain worked in full capacity- week after week I spend my time sudying on the terrace with a refreshing beverage in hand and now I am simply enjoying my graduation.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.