University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

First Week of Classes..

The first week of classes has come and gone, and we are right in the midst of our second week. Am I feeling overwhelmed? Slightly, but I love it. Here is my take on my first time being exposed to "college life":

• My classes seem challenging, but they are at least interesting.
  • My homework load is exceptionally large, but I'm taking it one day at a time.
  • Getting around campus is just fine.. as long as my GPS is working on my phone.
  • Only one of my proffessors is intimidating. I can handle that.
  • I'm meeting so many people every day that I can hardly remember anyone's name, but I'm thankful for making friends.
  • Dorm life isn't as excruciating as I expected; my roommate is pretty cool, and cafeteria food is decent.
  • Studying every day is a drag, but I'm learning what works for me.

So all in all, I'd say it's been a pretty good week. Perhaps I will survive my Freshman year of college after all. More coming soon... :-)

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.