University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Freakfest

So on Saturday I went to Freakfest in Madison. If you don't know what Freakfest is, it is a fesival that takes place around the capital primarily on State Street where tens of thousands of people dress up for Halloween. People are flowing from all of the bars but the main attraction are the concerts. This year the three main acts were Prof, Mac Miller, and Big Gigantic. This year was my first year going. My boyfriend and I dressed up as Jack and Sally from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas and we went all out. It was my first time actually dressing up since I was a little kid and it was so much fun. We received so many compliments and random people would come up to us and want to take pictures with us. There were so many amazing and creative costumes it was mind-boggling. My favorite costumes were a group effort in which five people dressed up as the Scooby Doo gang. They all did a really good job. It was a really good time and I plan to go again next year. I'm surprised though that they don't do anything big for Halloween in the cities, regardless Freakfest is worth the drive.

freakfest9.jpg

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.