University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Presidential Elections

Elections are next week Tuesday and the closer we get to the big day the more hasty people are beginning to get. I don't follow politics too much and I don't usually get involved but I do have my opinions. And so does everyone else it seems. Anyone with Facebook or Twitter can see that every other post is about who someone is voting for or who they aren't voting for, and things get pretty intense between two people with different opinions. And election day is pretty big on campus too. Just like with all of the encouragement to get us registered and voting on the marriage laws, they are also promoting us to register for the presidential elections this year. There will be a place to register and vote on campus for easy access to students as well, but they encourage us not to wait for election day to get registered because a lot of people (especially college kids) procrastinate and wait until the last day to get registered and the line is massive. So get yourself registered, it literally takes a few minutes. And then get out there and vote!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.