University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Things are Happening

There has been a lot going on on campus this week. On Monday there was a Vote No rally held on campus that hundreds attended, students and non-students. Then on Tuesday, former president Bill Clinton came to campus to speak for the Obama campaign. This week started off with a lot of hustle and bustle on our campus, especially politically! Then Wednesday of course was Halloween and most everyone I know dressed up and went trick-or-treating. You know there is no age limit on free candy after all. Now today is the basketball team's first game which also happens to be a home game, so we really get to see what this year's team is made of. Tonight as well is the Halloween party at Aqua, an eighteen-and-up club. I'm not quite sure what's in store for us Friday but on Saturday, Bassnectar is coming to the cities for those of you who love yourself some dubstep. I know I am doing my best to rally some people to go out there this weekend, I think we could all use a little letting loose. When things on campus get this busy it reminds me that I'm actually in college. It's so much more active and real than anything you do in high school, and it's times like these that I think about how hard I worked to get here. I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else, this is the right place for me!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.