University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Working at Home

The weekend after next is Thanksgiving weekend and though classes will still be going on, absence will be excused Thursday and Friday. I was debating going to my Thursday class solely because I have missed a few classes the past couple weeks and the thought of missing important stuff just drives me mad. But then I decided that I probably deserve a break and it would be nice to take advantage of an excused absence and spend some nice, relaxing time with my family at home. But then my boss from back home texted me and asked me if I could work Friday and Saturday. I worked at a bank in my town for almost two years before I left for college, but since I will be coming home for winter break and this summer, my job is still waiting for me. My boss knows I'm a broke college kid who's desperate for money so she tries to get me on the schedule whenever possible. So besides my lovely blogging job, I also still go home to be a bank teller whenever I can. Therefore, my relaxing Thanksgiving break has been turned into...more work. Story of my life. But it will still be nice to be home, and I'm looking forward to seeing my coworkers.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.