University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Below-Zero Weather+Tunnel System=Yay

Since I have moved here I have heard of the tunnel system but had not seen it or actually used it. With our recent weather change and super cold weather, plus my illness, I have discovered the tunnel system. Granted, it takes a bit longer than just walking outside but so much warmer. What's a few extra minutes of walking when your ears aren't freezing off? I start my tunnel journey right across the street from super block at the cancer center and end it at Coffman, which is much closer to all of my classes. It was confusing the first time but by the third time I could do it with my eyes closed (metaphorically speaking, I actually would probably still need to be able to "Follow the Signs"). I recommend the tunnel system, especially to those of you who are wimps in the cold, like me. :-)

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.