University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Proud Moment

This semester I made it on to the dean's list, which in all honesty was kind of surprising. I mean, I knew I got extremely good grades (I think all A's, I never actually looked to be honest), but I figured that there were enough people in my college with better grades than me that I wouldn't be on the list and I was pretty ok with that. But suddenly I started receiving all these emails saying congratulations and come to find out my name was on that list. Granted, I worked extremely hard for my grades and it feels so good to receive some acknowledgement for that. I've had to exchange most of my social life so that I can stay home and finish every reading assigned while other students are blowing it off and doing fun things instead. Which is ok to do sometimes but I figure that as long as I'm paying thousands and thousands of dollars to be here, I better make it worth it and get the grades. For most people college is where you discover yourself and being social and partying is a huge part of the college experience. However I already had that experience in high school and I am here to work hard, and that's what I've been doing. Now that I've been on the dean's list once, I'm making it my goal to be on it every semester for the rest of my college years. I don't want it to be a one-time thing. I think it is doable, but I know the effort it will take to accomplish and it won't be easy. But I know all of this hard work will pay off in my future, and yours will too!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.