University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

About Danielle

My name is Danielle Duffy, I am 18 years of age and a freshman here at the University of Minnesota. I'm currently majoring in Youth Studies at the College of Education and Human Development, and am extremely excited about being a part in it. I am originally from a small town in Wisconsin and came here to Minnesota to gain a slightly different perspective.

Although I've always had a passion for working with people and helping those in need, namely youth and adolescents, I have yet to learn exactly WHAT I want to do with that burning passion. Therefore, after switching my major I've now settled on Youth Studies because it seems to really fit my interests. I plan to get involved in at least one volunteer program while I am here at the U of M, be that with the YMCA, People Serving People, or Pratt Academic Achievers. I am very enthusiastic about my being here and all of the different opportunities for me here in Minnesota.

I am interested in studying abroad in the future, I think it would be wonderful to spend some time in India to work with people in poverty and in need. But I am first getting acquainted within my first year of college, and looking at my options. I love music, photography, and writing (obviously), and also learning in general, which is why I am here at the U!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.