myU OneStop

CEHD News.

Main | Turn your office into an art gallery! »

In memoriam: Harvey Carlson

Harvey CarlsonHarvey Carlson, an adviser in the College's Student Services area, passed away recently after a long illness. Several of his colleagues are planning an on-campus memorial for July 18, as detailed in the following note from Assistant Professor Rashné Jehangir.

Dear Colleagues,

I know many of you have asked about details regarding Harvey’s memorial. Here is what I have so far:

His family and I wanted to celebrate his life on campus because in so many ways this was his home and we were his family. We decided on the Campus Club because Harvey loved being there. The memorial will be held on Friday, July 18th in the late afternoon – exact time to follow. And it will be a celebration !

Mike, his brother Cory, and I am hoping to establish a scholarship fund in Harvey’s name that serves to further the educational endeavors of students he spent his career advocating for TRIO students and/or students with
disabilities. In lieu of flowers, please hold your memorials for this particular purpose and once we have more details we will let you know how to proceed.

Thanks for your support and love.

Rashné

Type the characters you see in the picture above.