University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

New to the U

This is my first post ever, and I am really excited to be a part of this blogging world. For my first post as a first-year student blogger, I decided to give a very brief summary about my first two months here in Minnesota. When I got here back in August, I was really nervous about what college would be like for me. Would it be easy to adjust to a new life of new friends, new teachers, and all in the middle of this big city? What if I got too homesick? What if the classes were much too difficult for me? I had all of these questions on my mind as I was getting settled into my new, inconveniently small dorm room. The first week of school dragged on slowly. It was very overwhelming with all the welcome week events and information they told us to remember. However, after the first week things were really looking up. I joined a sorority and met so many new people and great friends. Although I have one or two challenging classes, for the most part my classes are really easy-going. It has been a great adventure so far, and I cannot wait for more new things to experience throughout the rest of the year!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.