University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Zoo Boo

Happy Halloween! Yesterday I volunteered at Como Zoo's Zoo Boo event in which I had to dress up like a bumblebee and hang out at the garden themed part of the zoo boo and take pictures with little kids. I love working with kids so this was a an extremely fun job for me. I also love Halloween! I was planning on going home this weekend but then I knew that this Zoo Boo thing everyone was raving about needed to be done at least once before I graduate. I am so glad I decided to do this. I went with four of my friends who were also in the garden exhibit. Two of them were sunflowers and two were garden fairies. We looked quite ridiculous but it was worth it. There were so many cute kids in all kinds of costumes. Many of them would come up to me and give me a high five. Some little girls would even give me a hug. I felt silly in such a ridiculous costume and there was even loud music for us that we were supposed to dance to as the kids walked by. However it still ended up being a really fun night! Here is me in my embarrassing bumblebee costume.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.