University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Gopher Game Experience

This past Saturday, I went to my second Gopher football game this season. I never got season tickets because I didn't know if I wanted to go to many of the games. I was able to go to the very first game because all of the students in my dorm were given a free ticket. I went again on Saturday because one of my friends went home for the weekend so she didn't need her ticket. The Gophers do not win very often so I didn't think it would be too much of an exciting game. How wrong I was when it ended up being one of the most exciting football games I have ever been to. Minnesota played Iowa, a big rival school, because we compete for Floyd the trophy pig. We won the game by only one point. This was a very huge deal for Minnesota fans because not only did we actually win a game, but against Iowa. At the end of the game everyone rushed the field as you can see in this picture. I ended up having a great time at the game. Go Gophers!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.