University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Skype

How I love living in the 21st century where you can talk to your family face to face while being hundreds of miles away. My parents always tell me how lucky I am to have all the technology that I do, and how long it took them to write college papers with unreliable typewriters and no internet. Skpe is truly a lifesaver. I do not know how I could live without it. First semester was really hard being so far away from home, but every time I felt sad I could skype with my mom or dad and it is almost as if they were in the same room as me. 

One time, my mom actually put her laptop on top of the dinner table so it would be like I was eating dinner with the family. Okay, that seems a bit ridiculous, but it was actually really fun. My grandma even got the memo to get Skype on her computer. I also use Skype to see my baby nephew Jack. He is just too cute, and I miss him so much when I don't get to see him all the time. Yay for Skype! 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.