University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Planning for Summer

It is the beginning of spring semester, and now is the time to start planning for the summer. In high school, I would look forward to hanging out with friends, going on vacations, and only working a few hours a week at Applebee's. Now as a college student, I have to look for a full time job that is more closely related to my area of study. 
I am planning on applying for jobs such as a camp counselor, or tennis instructor. However, not being able to go home for a long time is an obstacle in job applications. It is much easier to go directly to the businesses and fill out applications. Being far away from home, I have to now look for jobs listed online. Online job searching is not easy. Not all businesses post applications online because most prefer to hire people in person. That is why I am getting a head start on preparing for the summer and where I am going to work.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.