University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

A New Year

It's so weird to think about already being in my second year of college. Freshman year flew by so fast; almost as if it never happened. Thinking back on last year, I remember how much I learned and how much I changed as a person during my first year at the U. At the beginning it was a scary place. I didn't know what to expect, and I didn't know exactly how to be a college student. Eventually I learned about managing my time more wisely so I wouldn't fall behind in classes. I learned to step out of my comfort zone, and get involved with different clubs and activities. I learned to take classes that really interested me. Finally, I learned that being in college lasts a very short time, and making the most out of every day and every year is important to remember. Having a very memorable year, I couldn't wait to get back to school and begin my second year of college. I know I'm going to have brand new experiences, meet so many new people, and discover new things. I can't wait to look back on this year the same way I have looked back on last year!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.