University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Presidential Election 2012

The presidential election happens to be this year, and it will be the first time I can vote. At the beginning of the year I was a welcome week leader, and I had to take my group to the St. Paul campus. There were a lot of activities going on and one of them was registering to vote. I am not a huge political person and don't watch the news often. However, I read the newspaper daily and talk with people occasionally about the candidates. Many people have some very interesting things to say about both. My older sister is huge on politics and feels very passionate about certain causes going on in the country. I learn a lot when I talk to her about politics. On Saturday Night Live, they also have many skits making fun of certain things going on in the campaign this year. Although not a very reliable source of information, it is very entertaining. I registered to vote, and feel very patriotic at the moment.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.