University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Preparing for the Cold

Surprisingly, we had our first snowfall of the year on Thursday. It was mostly just raining, but in my morning class it was actually snowing. I texted my mom to tell her about the snow only to hear back from her that at home she was taking a walk with shorts on. Only five hours south of here near Milwaukee, WI it was in the high 60's. I am so jealous of her and the rest of my family at home because they were out and about in shorts and t-shirts, and was walking from east bank to west bank and then back to east bank in the cold and pouring rain. It was the first day I had to pull out my winter coat and bundle myself in it. I am one of those people that are not a huge fan of winter. I'd rather be on a beach somewhere than anywhere it is snowing.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.