University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Volleyball Playoffs

This past week my intramural volleyball team were in the playoffs. We had to win at least three regular season games to qualify for the playoffs. Luckily we had won four games total. Our team was confident going into the games because we made it all the way to the championship game last year. We were eager to get there again but win it all this time. We won our first game in the playoffs and everyone was so excited because things were looking good for us. The next playoff game was the very next night. My whole team was able to make it and prepared to win. Unfortunately the team we were up against had some very talented players. They were all clearly high school varsity players. Our league is C-league so the easiest league out of all of the leagues. The team that we played that night should not have been in C-league because I can't imagine what team would be better than them. We have an excellent team so we kept with them and kept the score close. Unfortunately we just couldn't manage enough points to beat them. All of my teammates were kind of sad, but we are all looking forward to next semester. We have seniors on our team so I know that they will want to actually win the championships next time for their last season. I know that I want to because it will be the last time our team will all be together. I am happy we still ended this season on a good note giving us much confidence for next season.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.