University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Art

This semester I am taking my first art class since middle school. At first I was nervous because it is called Creating Identities Through Performing Arts, and I do not act or like to be up in front of people. However, I talked to some friends who took the class, and they told me I would love it. I have only had one class so far, and it is somewhat interesting. It's not just performing arts, but more of an art class where we learn about all different kinds of art. We will be looking at paintings, drawings, poetry, and literature. I don't think I have any art ability, but it will be fun to do all different things throughout the semester. My next class involves walking around outside observing different types of art on campus. I love the fact that we will be walking and not sitting for two hours in a classroom. Hopefully the class remains fun and interesting like I think it will because I am just not up for "performing art" in front of anyone. 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.