University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Birthday of Wonderful

Tuesday, January 29 happened to be my 20th birthday. It is hard to be away from my family especially on my birthday, but this year I surprisingly had a wonderful birthday. I had to go to three classes, which is never fun, but after class I could officially start my birthday celebration. I went over to my best friend's house and she surprised me with cake, cupcakes, and a present. 

565894_10151325139557893_1540564012_n.jpeg

After cake and presents, I went with two of my best friends to the Mall of America. We went shopping, and I got some new clothes, but my favorite part of the mall was not the shopping. My favorite part was going to Nickelodeon Universe theme park. Since it was a Tuesday night, there was no one there and no lines to go on the rides. We would go on the roller coaster and just ask the worker if we could stay on and go again, and they let us because no one else was there. I love roller coasters and I love rides, so this was probably the most fun I have had on my birthday. 

ferriswheel.jpg

After the rides, we went upstairs to the fourth floor of the mall and ate dinner at Bubba Gumps. This happens to be one of my favorite restaurants. I love Forrest Gump, and I love seafood so it was perfect. The food was delicious. We finally left the mall and went to meet up with some more friends at Annie's in Dinkytown. This is my favorite restaurant on campus because they have the best milkshakes I have ever tasted. I am obsessed with the milkshakes. After Annie's I went over to my friend's house for a "birthday sleepover". It was still my birthday so I couldn't just go home and go to bed. I wanted to make it last as long as possible.

Although I was bummed to leave behind my teenage years, I had one of the best birthdays, and I couldn't be more grateful to have such wonderful friends and family. I can no longer be a teen, and will never have those years back, but I want to make the best out of my 20's, have the best years be in my 20's so when I turn 30 I can look back and be satisfied with how I spent those years. I feel like a new person, older and wiser. Turning 20 is going to be good for me and a blessing in my life. 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.