University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

New Years Resolutions

This year I decided to make a list of New Years Resolutions. I thought it might motivate me to do more things that I need or want to do. Like most people, I am going to try and eat healthier while eating out less. This would normally be a difficult resolution for me, but I am also trying to save money, and eating out means spending a lot of money. Along with healthier eating brings other healthy lifestyle habits. I want to exercise a lot more this semester. Already I have put off going to the gym because it is so cold outside, and it takes me almost 30 minutes to walk there. Hopefully when the weather is better I will be able to do this resolution. One of my most important resolutions for 2013 is working harder in school. Last semester, I did not use my time wisely and did not spend enough time each day studying. I really need to work on time management and making myself go to the library more often. I didn't get bad grades last semester, but I didn't get as many A's as I wanted. This semester my goal is to get more A's. It sounds so easy to write that I am going to do all of these things when in reality, it is not that easy. Hopefully writing these things down will encourage me to work harder on my goals this semester. It is a new year, with new classes, and I believe change is a great thing. Succeeding at my resolutions is definitely at the top of my New Year's Resolutions 2013 list. 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.