University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Winter Break

Although it is great to be back on campus, I am sad that my winter break has come to an end. During the month that I had off from school, I spent my time in Marco Island, Florida. I didn't have to work or study or worry about anything. It was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacations I have had in a long time. I spent most of the time going to the beach, swimming in the pool, or boating around the island. The best thing about being in Florida was the weather. I didn't have to sit at home in Wisconsin for a month, confined to my house because it is too cold to do anything outside. In Florida, I could run outside, wear sandals, and lay in the sun. I spent a lot of time with my family as well. 

This is a picture of my 1-year-old nephew on a boat in Orlando. 

IMG_2789.JPG

Eventually, I had to return to the Minnesota cold. Going from 80 degrees to -10 is not easy. However I am excited to be back with all my friends, and excited for a new year and new semester. My New Year's resolution is to get better grades this semester, and with the classes that I am taking I think I will be fine. 

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.