University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

A New Experience

This past Thursday, I was informed that I was to be hired on as a marketing intern for Hmong American Partnership (HAP). HAP is a non-profit organization that strives to empower the Asian community to embrace their cultures while achieving their potential through a variety of programs for youth and adults. Working here has significant meaning to me because not only am I helping out in my own community but also developing my own career path.

I also know that this may not be related to sports, but the experience that I am going to receive will be very transferable into the sporting industry. For example, as the the intern, I will be assisting in some new marketing initiatives, improving and creating program images, and the opportunity to do some website design and updates. All these are very exciting and new challenges that I look forward to at HAP.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.