University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Breaking Barriers,

With the program that I work with, breaking barriers has always been a challenge. Through my years of just getting to know people and work, I've found that its natural for people to build barriers or have their walls up to protect themselves. But today, today I broke some cultural barriers. And I feel good. I love getting to know people and the beauty of their cultures. Every culture no matter what it is, is just absolutely beautiful. The language, the clothes, and the people themselves are beautiful people. The struggles that we all have faced or will face, has made very beautiful with impacting stories to tell come into my life and vice versa.

A word of advice for you all, don't let any barriers hold you back from getting to know people, because they could be the most beautiful people you come to know.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.