University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Senior mid-way experience,

I'm so ready to be done with school! I can't do homework anymore, actually I still can, but that senior slide, let's hope that it doesn't full blown kick in cause that would be bad! But I really can't believe that it's my last semester of college, four years has truly flown by way too quickly.
Now that I'm thinking about it being my last semester, I guess one of the biggest questions that I have for myself is, am I really ready to face the world beyond school? That is a question that I believe every graduating senior is asking themselves, maybe not right at this moment but they will or they have already done so. And to really be honest, I don't know if I am or not. I don't think any of us really know until it happens.

If you're wondering what it is like for me right now, I'm pretty sure I can relate to many graduating seniors. Really just being excited at the beginning of the year, then becoming afraid of what is to happen, making sure that you get all the graduation preparations ready, and then knowing what you'll be doing afterwards. I don't really think you can escape these feelings because I have friends who also are experiencing the same feelings. 

As of right now though, I am worried about what I'm going to be doing after I graduate because like most seniors, I have yet to find a job after graduation yet. I've applied, but no interviews yet, which does kind of scare me a bit. You're probably wondering if I'm choosing to get into grad school too huh? Well, I really don't know what I want my Masters in yet, so I can't answer that for you, but what I do know is, my deadline is Spring 2014. That's when I'll go back to school for my Masters.

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.