University of Minnesota
Driven to Discover

Setting yourself straight,

I'm going to be real honest here and tell you all, that, that Senioritis is R-E-A-L. No joke. And I am not the only to be suffering from it. It's a bad case of Senioritis and stress, and it is literally driving me nuts. One piece of advice for you all when you get to your last semester, relax when you start to feel overwhelmed. I know it probably doesn't sound like a good choice, but do it, because you will need it so that you don't overexert yourself and feel really overwhelmed. Slow your life down a bit because it's the best thing you can do for yourself.
Senioritis is a real thing, but the thing that surprises me the most is the fact that my Senioritis in High School, was not as bad as this. Actually, I didn't have Senioritis in High School, I worked really hard in High School. My last trimester in High School, straight A's with all the HP and AP classes. Oh Yeah! I have to say I am still proud of myself because of that, but man college, that is a whole 'nother story.

I think the thing that stresses me out the most right now, is probably what I am going to be doing afterwards. It is literally driving me nuts making me not want to focus. But you know what, I am going to promise myself, that I am going to use my resources to my advantage. I am not going to try to do this alone. So guys, wish me luck! And good luck to those of you graduating this year both from High School, and College (regardless of what diploma you are getting)!

College of Education & Human Development
cehd@umn.edu | 612-626-9252 | 104 Burton Hall, 178 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455

© 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.