Lisa Berg -- Can Do Canines and ALS Association

Lisasmall.jpgI would like to mention two charities that I support due to the Veterinary connection,
These worthy causes are not easily noted and may be hidden in the numerous worthy charities.

Community Shares of Minnesota has the CAN DO CANINES -- Reframing the Issue of Accessibility for People With Disabilities. I have attended the heartfelt lecture given by the woman with Diabetes. She made the organization and its impact come alive to me. I also know personally other individuals who have been helped by this organization. One of the persons who works for this organization formally worked in our Veterinary College.

Another charity that has a connection to the Veterinary Library is the ALS Association, Minnesota Chapter which can be found under Community Health Charities. Mrs. Raynolds one of the first librarians of the Veterinary Medical Library had ALS. I was a student worker with Mrs. Raynolds and knew her until her retirement.

Carl Osborne and Chloe featured in Tails from Minnesota

Dr. Carl Osborne and his mobility-assist dog, Chloe, were featured in the Fall issue of Tails from Minnesota, a magazine for friends and supporters of Can Do Canines. "Just What the Doctor Ordered" is online at http://can-do-canines.org/tails-from-minnesota-fall-2012/.

I've heard lots of great things about Can Do Canines too.