Virginia Bach - Land Stewardship Project

Virginia5.jpgI support the Land Stewardship Project as a result of my community garden experience, because they promote stewardship for farmland, sustainable agriculture, and healthy communities. When a few neighbors wanted to start a community garden we didn't know where to start. Land Stewardship Project provided us with an intern who worked with us throughout the planning process to identify the land, get the necessary permits, secure water, build a toolshed, fundraise to get initial supplies, and develop leadership. Our Southside Star Community Garden (near 32nd Ave and 42nd St) is now harvesting our 3rd growing season! LSP's potluck and annual meeting is one of the highlights of my summer and there are other opportunities for farm visits, classes and advocacy. "Farm Beginnings" classes and CSA directories are other initiatives.