dono0115

• Posted Organizational Culture to Organization and Management of Sport
    Organizational culture is an idea in the field of organizational studies and management, which describes the psychology, attitudes, experiences, beliefs, and values of an organization. I think that defining organizational culture is key to understanding how the organization works and...
  • Posted Blog #5 Organzational Effectiveness (New Philosophy) to Organization and Management of Sport
    Throughout this course I have learned in the readings about many different ways that organizations can be effective. I believe that my initial thought on what makes an organization effective was correct and I do not think it changed at...
  • Commented on Organizational Decision Making
    I agree that all of these aspects that Parker discusses from Slack and Parent are key to making a great decision for the organization. I think that every single one of these aspects must be taken into account when making...
  • Commented on Final Day of Presentations
    I think that the presentation on the Classic's of Madden was the most interesting idea for an organizational analysis in the whole class. Most people chose a professional team or a popular organization in sports/recreation that most people knew of....
  • Commented on Organizational Structure
    I also agree with Jamie's point of view on communication being part of the success of an organization. Making sure to relay information through all departments is key in the success of an organization to make sure that all of...
  • Commented on Leadership
    I also agree that the Minnesota Timberwolves are a great example of organizational leadership. The Timberwolves have been terrible the past few years and they have gone through many player and coaching changes. To go off of the other comment,...
  • Commented on Personal Organizational Effectiveness Philosophy
    Parker, this is a great blog/discussion. I think that you have great ideas and my views of the goal attainment approach has changed as well over the course of this semester. It makes sense that you want to measure it...
  • Commented on Organizational Effectiveness
    I agree that the goal attainment aspect is a great way to measure an organizations effectiveness, but there are also many other way to measure it as well. This is a big part of how to measure effectiveness, but there...
  • Commented on MLB Substance Policy
    I agree with this blog completely, the MLB is definitely trying to push the issue aside rather than tackling it head on, they do not want to see their players in the media for negative things and have them be...
  • Commented on Blog #5 Revised Philosophy
    I agree that organizational effectiveness should be measured by goals that are attained. But there are many other ways to also measure organizational effectiveness and I do not think that it is just goal attainment that should measure effectiveness. You...
  • Commented on Blog #5- Changed philosophy of organizational effectiveness
    I agree as well because they need to have many goals and very challenging ones to meet, but they definitely have to be realistic and attainable at the same time. I also think that winning, in a team, is a...
  • Commented on Personal Philosophy Blog 10
    Bryan I would also agree with you because my position on what makes an organization effective has changed a lot over this course. It is nice to understand exactly what it takes to be an effective organization and understand all...
  • Posted 12/10 Presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    Today's presentations were some of the best I think. All of them were well put together and the organizations were analyzed very well. I liked the two presentations on the Minnesota Twins because I also did my presentation on the...
  • Posted 12/8 Presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    I thought that all of the presentations today went great and that they were very well prepared to present their organizational analysis to the class. The Pop Warner organization was the most interesting to me because I knew that Pop...
  • Posted Day 2 Presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    I thought that the presentations overall on day two were pretty good. I particularly like the two presentations, Nike and Adidas. They were both informational and it was nice to see the differences in companies that are in the same...
  • Posted Leadership Blog to Organization and Management of Sport
    Leadership Blog: Leadership can be affected in many different ways, in many different companies and organizations. Leadership in businesses and/or organizations can make you or break you as a company. Leadership has many different aspects in organizations and they consist...
  • Posted Decision Making Blog Garvin to Organization and Management of Sport
    Decision Making Blog: This article was discussing the fact of whether or not this company made a bad decision about their product. After reading this article I think that they made a terrible decision to remove their product off the...
  • Posted U of M Athletic Department Panel Guest Speaker to Organization and Management of Sport
    Guest Speakers: University of Minnesota Athletic Board This was a great panel for the leadership aspect of the sport organization. Having all of these employees, in all different levels of the sport organization of the University of Minnesota Athletics was...
  • Posted Kenny Mauer Guest Speaker to Organization and Management of Sport
    Guest Speaker Kenny Mauer, NBA Referee This was a great guest speaker for talking about the legal side of the contracts, as well as the conflict and leadership aspects of the NBA officials. It was helpful to hear the side...
  • Posted MLB Drug Policy to Organization and Management of Sport
    Context: The big time players use steroids and there are few big name players that don't or haven't used steroids. The culture would be that it is accepted, just don't get caught. The subcultures would be the fans, and in...
  • Posted Organizational Power and Politics to Organization and Management of Sport
    According to Slack and Parent the definition of power is the ability to get someone to do something they would not have otherwise done. Organizations include power within the individuals and within the organization itself. There are five main sources...
  • Posted Group Blog 10/1/09 to Organization and Management of Sport
    Strategic change and the role of interests, power, and organizational capacity By Amis, Slack, & Hinings Two Recommendations: Power: 1.) Leaders better specify the job for each person. 2.) Work on communication, so that everyone is on the same page...
  • Posted Organizational Strategy to Organization and Management of Sport
    First, strategy as defined by Alfred Chandler is the determination of the basic long-term goals and objectives of an enterprise and the adoption of courses of action and the allocation of resources necessary for carrying out these goals (Slack and...
  • Posted Organizational Effectiveness Philosophy to Organization and Management of Sport
    An effective organization has many different factors to take into account. The organization needs to be well structured, goal-oriented and have great communication. For the organization to be successful it needs to have a set hierarchy of power, so everyone...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dono0115