macer002

• Commented on December 10
    I thought that it was very interesting when two individuals both analyzed the Twins organization and came up with different results. My belief is that one person was a little afraid to say that the Twins organization was not affective...
  • Posted Kenny Mauer to Organization and Management of Sport
    When Kenny Mauer came to talk to our class I was pretty excited. I have always been a huge basketball fan and especially the NBA. What was most interesting to me was what he talked about during the referee lockout....
  • Commented on Final Day of Presentations
    I think that Dan has made some very good points about the presentations. I agree with him about many things and there are some things that I also have learned. I am not from Minnesota so I learned that golf...
  • Posted Day 4 presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    The presentations today were the best day of presentations so far. Every single presentation that went today was very impressive. All of the speakers seemed very well prepared and were very time oriented. I believe that they had a major...
  • Commented on Presentations
    I agree 100%. I think that a presentation is most effective when the presenter shows that they have put some work into the presentation. Any person can copy information from a website onto a slide and read it off, but...
  • Posted Day 3 presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    Most of the presentations that happened today went pretty well. There was one presentation that I believe was not the best prepared. One person performed their power point by pretty much reading straight from the screen. It did not seem...
  • Posted Day 2 presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    All of the presentations that were given today were good but one stuck out to me the most. Kristen Dockery's presentation about Nike and the Jordan brand was very impressive. She seemed to research the topic very well and was...
  • Posted Day 1 presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    I think that the first day presentations went very well. Going first would be so hard because there is no previous knowledge to base their presentation. I do not feel sympathy however because those students were not in class on...
  • Posted Nutrorim case study to Organization and Management of Sport
    The decision making issues that were made by Nutrorim's top management makes a pretty long list. First, they did not have a unified stance on what to do. I seems like they did not have the same goals in mind....
  • Posted Culture to Organization and Management of Sport
    The first thing that the book talks about in the chapter about culture is the difficulty in defining the term altogether. There is no set term that defines organizational culture best, but what most people seem to agree that is...
  • Posted Leadership to Organization and Management of Sport
    The organizational context impacts leadership in a big way. One of the contextual features is that of culture. The book gives an example of how different cultures prefer to have their leaders affect the sport participants. It the study in...
  • Posted Organizational Change to Organization and Management of Sport
    The main topic of chapter 12 discusses change in an organization. With the way the world is working right now, almost all organizations are going to need to make some sort of changes in order to continue their operations. The...
  • Posted Conflict to Organization and Management of Sport
    Chapter 11 in the book deals with conflict and there are a few things that I found pretty interesting. The first thing that stuck out to me was the concept that conflict can be a good thing. My whole life...
  • Posted Power and Politics to Organization and Management of Sport
    There are many different levels of power that an organization may have, and along with that the decisions the companies make to use that power. According to the book, there are five different types of individual power: legitimate, reward, coercive,...
  • Posted Nike organization to Organization and Management of Sport
    We believe that Nike is somewhat of a learning organization. They are the very minimum of learning to the extent to which they can acquire the most money but still satisfy the public enough. They know what to do but...
  • Posted Organization-Environment Relationships to Organization and Management of Sport
    Most people know what the environment is, but when it comes to organizational environment there are many more things to it than just what is outside. One of the main points that I took away from chapter 8 was about...
  • Posted Organizational strategy to Organization and Management of Sport
    I believe that power influences organizational strategy in a variety of ways. If a company is centralized than power with affect the decision making process very much. Because most of the decisions will be made in a centralized organization by...
  • Posted Division 3 Case Study to Organization and Management of Sport
    1. Intercollegiate athletic programs were to be kept in harmony with the essential academic purpose of member institutions, competing players were to be representatives of the student body, academic authority in each college was to control intercollegiate athletic policy. 2....
  • Posted Organizational Structure to Organization and Management of Sport
    The book has stated the 3 most common elements to organizational structure: complexity, centralization, and formalization. I believe that looking at how an organization is structured can be a good inclination as to the organizational effectiveness of that company. The...
  • Posted My organizational effectiveness philosophy to Organization and Management of Sport
    There are many different types of organizations and therefore there are different ways to determine organizational effectiveness. I agree with what the book has stated in that for an organization to be effective, it must assess what it considers to be...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from macer002