slate117

• Posted Finished to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Well... everything is completed and finished. Feels good to turn in such a beast of a project. I would like to implement the proposal one day. I enjoyed hearing the topics that everyone worked on. Definitely learned a lot about...
  • Commented on Research proposal
    I would also agree. Just finished presenting and realized how much over time I went. It was difficult to put main points into a PowerPoint without leaving out too many details and important information. Glad to be done though!...
  • Commented on Presentations
    I would agree that the presentations were very interesting last week. I look forward to hearing more from others what they have done and plan to research. I enjoy the questions people ask and am kind of disappointed we won't...
  • Posted About Done to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Putting the final touches on the paper. It's enjoyable to see it come together but I feel like I read over my paper constantly and change something every time. Kind of hard to know when to stop doing that but...
  • Posted Progress to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    As I sat down over Thanksgiving break and dove into my paper, I realized several critical errors in my original methods section. Changing it felt good but has and is causing a headache and lots of extra work as I...
  • Commented on Methods
    I forgot to include my hypothesis and summary of methods design in my post. My hypothesis is that stretching (alone or combined with warm up) prior to exercise does not reduce the risk of injury or improve performance. The design...
  • Posted Methods to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I'm writing my paper on the correlation between stretching and exercise/athletic performance. What has been traditionally done, is it beneficial, what should be done, etc. It is coming along but I really need to re-examine my methods and stats section...
  • Posted Progress... to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Like several people have mentioned, progress for my lit review is coming, slower than I would like but coming nonetheless. It is helpful to have the outline and categorized topics per section so I can directly reference the needed articles...
  • Posted Lit Review to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I'm doing my research on the correlation between stretching and athletic performance, with a more concentrated emphasis on the correlation between stretching and injury prevention during exercise. Like others I'm sure, sorting through the hundreds of articles that include stretching,...
  • Posted Michael Slate Research Problem & Question to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Research Problem: A typical class for an elementary, middle and high school physical education class is to have students warm up, stretch, and participate in that day's activity. Likewise, almost every coach from the youth level through the interscholastic, intercollegiate,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from slate117