fsositf

• Posted test entry to DTestBlog
    this is only a test...
  • Posted iPad App Review: Skype to cedar@umn
    Although not traditionally known as a social networking application, Skype is likely one of the most useful apps available on the iPad.  The Skype app offers many of the features normally found on Skype, but for the iPad!  Users can log-in to their Skype accounts with this app, where they can access contact lists,...
  • Posted iPad App Review: IM+ Pro to cedar@umn
    An all-encompassing instant messenger, IM+ Pro gives users access to nearly all IM programs on the iPad via one, easy-to-use app.  Users can access numerous IM accounts through this app, including AIM and MSN.    Users can download a condensed version of this app for free, which provides access to...
  • Posted iPad App Review: Friendly for Facebook to cedar@umn
    This app optimizes Facebook for the iPad.  Friendly for Facebook features enhanced security and hosts a number of improvements over other Facebook apps, including the ability to upload and download pictures.  Friendly for Facebook looks very smooth.  This app makes Facebook more accessible and easier to use on the iPad.  It attenuates some of the...
  • Posted iPad App Review: Civil War America's Struggle to cedar@umn
    The ultimate U.S. Civil War reference/database app.  This extensive multimedia app is loaded with a variety of features and would be a great aide for a U.S. history student.  Although this app provides comprehensive Civil War info on 18 different categories, it does have its drawbacks.  The main drawback of this app...
  • Posted iPad App Review: Famous Speeches to cedar@umn
    The Famous Speeches app provides speeches and quotations from some of history's most famous and influential people. This app features speeches given by an impressive list of historical figures.  This list includes Susan B. Anthony, Mark Antony, St. Francis of Assisi, Napoleon Bonaparte, John Calvin, Winston Churchill, Marie Curie, Danton, King Edward...
  • Posted iPad App Review: World Book - This Day in History to cedar@umn
    World Book - This Day in History is an interactive calendar for the iPad.  This educational, easy-to-use application provides detailed information on significant historical events that took place on a given day. This app is synchronized to your iPad's calendar.  Launching the app will provide information about historical events that took place...
  • Posted TurningPoint Clickers and Moodle to cedar@umn
    Courtesy of the Moodle support staff, here are some instructions for intergrating Turning Point clickers into your course site: To import via block: 1. Go to your Moodle course site, add TurningTechnologies block. Add clicker numbers, or ask students to do so. (Notice that by going to the block settings...
  • Posted to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
    How to get to your CEHD files from home.doc...
  • Posted Open XPS documents in Windows XP to cedar@umn
    A useful tool for opening XPS documents in Windows XP....
  • Posted Skype Help Guide to cedar@umn
    These guides provide step-by-step, easy to follow instructions for beginning and intermediate Skype users. ...
  • Posted Other/Misc to Family Social Science New Student Q&A Blog
    Other questions that aren't covered in other topics...
  • Posted Work management/School Life to Family Social Science New Student Q&A Blog
    Questions about school life/work management ex: How much homework will I have? What about funding? What will my first semester be like?...
  • Posted Living in/Moving to the Twin Cities to Family Social Science New Student Q&A Blog
    Please post questions related to living in or moving to the Twin Cities here: ex: How do I get around? Are there buses? Should I avoid any neighborhoods?...
  • Posted Welcome to the Q&A blog: grad students helping grad students to Family Social Science New Student Q&A Blog
    Welcome to the unofficial Q&A blog for incoming and potential FSoS grad students. Many of you are likely to have questions ranging from "what's the workload like?" to "what should my family/partner expect?" to "where should I live when I...
  • Posted This is a blog to Family Social Science New Student Q&A Blog
  • Posted Online application for UMN listserv to cedar@umn
    This is the online submission form for requesting a university listserv. You can request either a course related or non-course related listserv. ...
  • Posted I'm a cool travel guy to Cool Table's Forum
    I think London would be a cool place to visit. I haven't been there but Lindsey, who is generally regarded as a cool person, has said that it is an awesome place to travel to. What do you think about...
  • Posted Blogs, clouds, technology, tags to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
    Hi.  My name is patrick.  THis blog is about blogs, clouds, tags, technology, long walks on the beach....
  • Commented on Awesome discussion forum 1
    This is a really cool, awesome post about blogs, go ITfellow...
    I'm posting on this discussion forum OMFGBBQ!!!!!!!!!11...
  • Posted Awesome discussion forum 1 to Cool Table's Forum
    Talk about something relevant and cool....if you want.....or not....try to be awesome...but if not, that's cool too....
  • Commented on Uses for a blog?
    Use to complain about your life...
  • Commented on Welcome!
    Have a good trip!...
  • Posted Hello to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
    Hello, I am the FSoS IT Fellow.  I am creating this blog in hopes of gaining skills with the tool so I can assist interested faculty.  ...
  • Posted to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
  • Posted Social Networking Sites Research at the U to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
    I just read an article in Minnesota, the U Alumni Magazine, profiling research on Social Networking Sites such as My Space and Facebook. It's really interesting, you can read about it here: Educational benefits of social networking sites. What hooked...
  • Posted Interactive Online Presentations for Student Response Clickers to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
    If you're really eager to get started with using Student Response Clickers in your classroom (and I know there are a few of you out there - so you've told me!) Turning Point has a number of online tutorials you...
  • Posted Article about alternatives to WebVista (aka Blackboard) to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
    Just thought I'd share this article I came across today in the Chronicle of Higher Education about the competition among the available course management systems. Many of our faculty/staff use WebVista (aka WebCT, aka Blackboard - it's all the same...
  • Posted Turning Point Training through UTTC - October 8 to FSoS IT Fellow Blog
    Through the departmental technology needs survey I administered this summer, several of you expressed interest in learning about clicker technology to be used in your classroom. While I will be holding a brown bag seminar for our department on this...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from fsositf

Following

Not following anyone