Jonathan Knisely

• Commented on Toxicity | Social | Kelly Street
    Your post really got me thinking about the things I send off to be recycled. From doing some quick research I found that recycling in and of itself is a bit deceiving. We place our recyclables on the street corner...
  • Commented on Recyclability // Personal // Jessica Uhl
    I enjoyed the fact that you brought up recycling water and conserving heat/energy, two areas that Americans tend to take for granted. On the note of paper-waste, I cleaned my apartment this weekend, and emptied a bin where I store...
  • Posted Financial | Awareness | Jonathan Knisely to DHA 4365W
    In my last few posts I have brought up the fact that today's technology can push awareness through expedient information dispersal and gorilla marketing. The marketing campaigns that I have mentioned all have an underlying fact; the product, service or...
  • Posted Jonathan Knisely | Awareness | Environmental to DHA 4365W
    I think Matt Wenger raised an interesting question in his blog post, when he asked if marketing green products is a self-defeating activity. With all advertising methods, some energy and materials are wasted, however, if you change your ultimate goal...
  • Commented on Security // Personal // Karen de Queiroz
    People today tend to be very hypocritical about privacy. They will post alarmingly personal or defaming images to Facebook, send e-mails with passwords and security codes or text racy messages/images to other people. When you upload ANYTHING to the internet,...
  • Posted Awareness | Personal | Jonathan Knisely to DHA 4365W
    Whether you like it or not, the Internet has become the primary tool for information acquisition.(1) The Internet exists as a forum for issues, and a home for open debate. Like never before, humanity has a voice and tool to...
  • Commented on Fun, Personal, Natalie Olbrantz
    I think that "fun," however subconscious it may be, informs much of our decision making. We come from a society obsessed with escapism. Whether through movies, vacations, drugs/alcohol, we love to get away from our everyday lives. Choosing a "fun"...
  • Posted Jonathan Knisely / Awareness / Social to DHA 4365W
    Awareness can be summarized as perception, feelings or a sense of understanding (1). Awareness is central to the role that designers play, as we are constantly trying to inform, sway and connect with our audience. Awareness has other correlations however....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Jonathan Knisely

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page