Lucy Michell

• Commented on Waste /Environmental/ Clarissa Kramer
    There are so many factors that go into being environmentally friendly, one aspect that is a big issue is that many people just don't recycle and they certainly don't separate their trash. I think one thing that may help to...
  • Commented on Lucy Michell | Financial | Appeal
    the box looks quite scary in the picture but one can only imagine how sweet it will be once it gets a little more love......
  • Posted Lucy Michell | Financial | Appeal to DHA 4365W
    How I Put My Portfolio Together With Less Than 100 Dollars Lets talk about finance, more specifically let's talk about financing a portfolio. With a sweet vision and a slim budget I was able to piece together an appealing portfolio...
  • Commented on Third Age | Personal | Ellie Drotning
    I recently did a book review for a class and one of the topics was addressing the "techno fears " of an older generation. Companies would design objects that would make the elderly feel more at home and more at...
  • Commented on Education | Personal | Ellen Risch-Boody
    First I must say that I hope freshman get to see this blog post I think it would be pretty beneficial and something I wish I had read before I did the program, although it is also good to learn...
  • Commented on Children / Environmental / Myhli Her
    I agree with jenny, playgrounds are a really good example of environmental issues affecting children. Your article has also made me think back to when I was a kid and what toys I played with and how much they have...
  • Posted Appeal | Environmental | Lucy Michell to DHA 4365W
    For the last couple of months in senior seminar, the importance of environmental consciousness is a subject that has been brought up several times. But sometimes one of the biggest struggles is to create a design that is exactly what...
  • Posted Appeal | Personal | Lucy Michell to DHA 4365W
    Lucy Michell/Appeal/Personal Appeal is to attract, and what us as designers are attracted to is not necessarily what the everyday consumer is attracted to. Throughout my four years in the design program I have struggled with what I am attracted...
  • Commented on Charles Orange / Poverty / Personal
    I think that using design to promote awareness about poverty is extremely important and we are now acquiring a tool that can allow us to give back to the community. We are finding out more and more how important it...
  • Posted Appeal | Social | Lucy Michell to DHA 4365W
    So when I thought of the word appeal in reference to society I immediately thought, sex appeal. Maybe I'm immature but I think that kind of appeal that the media has fabricated has had an extreme effect on societies views...
  • Posted well... to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    unfortunatly not too much fun can be had with a topic like textile trade....
  • Posted power point to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I am so hoping that the power point works for me tomorrow. My presentation will be extremely lacking if it doesn't. Wish me luck....
  • Posted GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I'm sorry I missed Nick's presentation, but I guess according to some class members it was really good. Well I don't have much but to say good luck for everybody on their presentations as well as their paper, only one...
  • Posted paper stuff to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I hope everyone's paper writing has been going swell, mine on the other hand is not going that smoothly. But I do think that if I hadn't written the lit review this paper would have been much harder. I basically...
    I agree with the rest of you guys, that the writing of the earlier papers was very helpful to writing the final paper. I think I am just getting a little burnt out on the paper writing. I'm excitied for...
  • Posted final paper and an issue in my design class to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I think that that if the literature review is harder then the final paper then I'll be ok. The lit review is pretty hard but it makesme feel better that the paper won't be so bad. It's streeful to do...
  • Posted Lit review = difficult! to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I'm finding that the lit review mis very challenging, is probably the hardest paper I have evr written. But luckily according to Roopa it is harder then our final paper. I hope she is right, the review is taking quite...
  • Posted Literature review frustrations to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I agree with your comment about the annotated bibliograpghy, unfortunatly my annotated bibliography was not, what I would call extensive. Which worries me, not only with the outcome of my grade, but also with the amount of research that I...
  • Posted lit review to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I'm thinking this lit review is going to be one painful assignment, I was hoping she could maybe give us copies of what she had on the overhead today so that we could have something to model our own lit...
  • Posted audience analysis to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    for the audience analysis, does anyone know if we are allowed to refer to oursleves within the paper?...
  • Posted helpful stuff in class to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I found the ref works to be quite helpful, a little confusing, but I think it will be a good way to organize my work as well as be able to find intelligent sources. I also had a really good...
  • Posted posting your work to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I need more concrete sources for my bibliography so that I don't end up with just biased news stroies. If anybody knows of any sites I could look on or has any other ideas that would be really helpful (my...
  • Posted arguments to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I thought that excercise we did in class on friday was very helpful. I was kind of confused about how to classify certain arguments but that really cleared things up. I also think it is important to understand all the...
  • Posted monday! to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    Hey everyone! I hope you all had a relaxing spring break! I was wondering if someone could tell me what we did on monday, I was on a plane all day so I missed class. If someone could fill me...
  • Posted my meeting! to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I just had my meeting with Roopa and I thought it was extremely helpful, I was able to show her my prospectus and get very good feedback. I think after this talk I will be able to construct my prospectus...
  • Posted conferences to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I think the conferences with Roopa will be very helpful because it will give everyone time to discuss their writing one on one. It willl also be helpful because I feel it will give me a chance to really understand...
  • Posted abstract!! to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    Yeah, our prospectus draft is due this friday. Anyway so what where people's feeling when they got their abstracts back? Because I can tell you this much, I was thoroughly disappointed. Her comments didn't tell me how to fix things,...
  • Posted Also to carly to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    Sorry if I have posted that previous blog for everyone to see, I hope you aren't offended Carly. Anyway, you can get me back and post my corrections on the blog as well. Well that was kind of a stupid...
  • Posted To Carly to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    Your email didn't work, is it spar022@umn.edu. Well anyway here is what I tried to sen you, I hope you get it before tomorrow. Hey Carly I hope you had a good weekend, ok, so I think we are supposed...
  • Posted research paper to Rhet 1101 Spring 06
    I am thinking about changing my topic because I found out the problem with the textile trade between china and the US was resolved. Maybe I could do it on just sweat shops in general but this seems too general....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Lucy Michell

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page